A non-comprehensive list of some things I've done - for work and for fun.
- The Envato Blog Writing and Style Guide
- David Bowie, ELO, and The National: 5 Fonts Inspired by Music
- How A Book Apart Became an Iconic Publisher in the Design Industry
- 'Electro Swing' is a Music Genre That's Exactly What It Sounds Like
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Good Web Design
- What is Generative Art?
- Shape, Color, Light, and Nothing Extra: The Art of Landscape Photography
- Debbie Millman on the 3 Skills That Helped Her Succeed as a Designer
- Women in Tech and the Hoodie Archetype
All writing for Envato here.
For The Bello Collective
- Bello #42: Handing over the reins (plus podcast recs, The Atlantic, and fall lineups)
- Your podcast horoscope this week
- Dov Charney, Gimlet Media, and the missing sexual predator narrative
- Words about songs (a music podcast playlist)
- International ‘Review Your Favorite Podcast and Support the Makers of Things That Bring You Joy’ day
- Around the world in 16 podcasts
- 'Goonies meets Spy Kids meets Stranger Things': A classic story in old-school radio form
- Why we moved The Bello Collective to a Medium publication
- Harry Potter and the podcast
- Local public radio: where the talent's at
More writing for Bello here.
Things I didn't write myself, but played some part in making come to life as editor:
- From MS Paint and Flash to Framer and Figma: The Evolution of Design Tools
- Authentic, Bold, Natural: How We Redesigned Our Stock Photo Library for 2017
- Why I’ll Always Take Time to Talk to Women Studying Tech
- “But you’re too cute to code!” – experiences of a female freelancer in the tech industry
- The Rise of Custom Illustrations in Publishing
- 6 female developers that are breaking the gender stereotype
I've also edited (with a few exceptions) every article on the Envato Blog from August 2016 - totalling over 600 articles.
For The Bello Collective
- 100 Outstanding Audio Stories of 2016 - a big, collaborative list written by nearly a dozen contributors.
- 'Problems are just another word for life': an interview with Sleepover's Sook-Yin Lee
- Can I have that in print? An argument for transcriptions in podcasting
Or, I've gotten pretty good at feature images.
Radio & audio production
A 4-minute audio postcard, produced for the Salt Institute of Documentary Studies radio program.
Editing for All The Best Radio, #1615 Call centres and glimpses of tragedy. Melbourne, Australia, 2016.
Video production, editing, and script writing for Envato's video content and YouTube channel. I created some videos myself, while others were collaborations with freelance video producers from the Envato network. 2016-2017.
For Habitat for Humanity
Short video for Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C., in collaboration with United Way's Do More campaign. Production, filming and editing. 2014.
Launched and managed the CIEE Alumni Instagram account for the CIEE Alumni Network. 2015.